Thursday

Respect

Dear Diary - 12/7

Wow, today was great!

The man with the glasses came over to my house (well the house I live in), and took a look at my car.  I don't know mechanics, but the ignition thing wasn't working right and I didn't have the money to replace it.  Well, he was able to re-wire the car and install a push button thing in there that would allow the car to hot wire itself!  The car started, but the battery was low.  Luckily my other roommate has a charger, so I can just jump the car when I need to.

There was more to do with the car to get it running better.  The man with the glasses took me to various auto part stores to pick up things.  He paid for most of it, I felt bad that I didn't pay for it. He is such a great guy...so much more than all the jerks that I always attract.  Once I had a guy drop his pants in front of me and said "Take a look at Rufus!"  RUFUS???  He named his penis Rufus and showed it to me.  It looked hideous to me.  But what could I say, I'm still a virgin. Ha.

My friend, the man with the glasses, had not made any kind of sexual remarks or advances of any kind. He was simply a friend.  He treats me with respect, the way I want to be treated.  Well, he took me around to these part stores and then we stopped at Popeye's- you know, the fried chicken place- and he bought me lunch.  We chatted away about the car and different things while we ate and then he took me home.  He said he would come over again the next day (I had the next day off too) and he would work on my car some more.  I thanked him and he left.

And now here I am writing in my diary.  ha.  Obviously.  It is strange to me...he is by far the nicest and most respectful man I have ever met and I like that.  I appreciate the fact that he doesn't try to smack my butt or grab my boobs.  I like it that he opens the door for me. He is...and maybe I am too..."old fashioned". But I think it is more respectful than old fashioned.  I like this guy, even with his ugly tortoise shell glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment