Thursday

Last Minute Date?

Dear Diary - 12/14

I had the day off again.  It sucks when you only work about 20 hours a week. Ironically, my co-worker is going to school to be a nurse and they have her working 38 hours a week, and she's asking them to cut her hours back!  What is wrong with this picture??  Oh well.  I will start looking for a new job when I come back from Christmas break.  

My friend with the glasses came over today and we ran some errands and fixed a few more things on my car.  He took me to get my car registered at the DOT place. I got my new plates and registration and we went back to my place to put them on. Now I could really drive.  I could actually expand my job search further than the 6 mile radius in which I have been walking and riding my bike. 

Well, it was getting kind of late and my friend with the glasses and I were getting hungry.  He invited me out to eat with him. I was so hungry, I agreed.  We decided to take my "new" car.  I drove to Popeye's and we chatted happily over some yummy chicken.  Then my friend suggested we go to the zoo to see the Christmas lights.  The zoo decorated with lights at Christmas and had a few of the animal habitats open.  So we went.  It was dark and I drove up the winding road (and uphill).  My car didn't go any faster than 5 miles an hour! haha! It was fun though.

The zoo was fun and we walked around in the dark looking at the animals and lights.  We got to the Orangutan enclosure and they were flashing their big red butts at us! haha! When we left, I asked my friend if he could drive down the big winding hills because I just was not sure about them. He took the hills at 60mph!!  It was fun, but the car shook really hard so we had to slow down. 

On the way down we talked more.  I told him I had been in Girl Scouts and we used to make smores. I could not believe he had not had a smore! So we stopped by the nearest grocery store and picked up the stuff and we went back to his place. 

Before we got there, he told me he had 2 dogs and a cat.  The dogs, I would see and the cat I would probably never see.  When we came inside, I greeted the two dogs. They are so cute!  I think they like me; maybe I'll come over and play with them again.  A little later, I sat on his couch while he got the fire going in the fireplace, and I saw a little shape at the top of the stairs.  It was his cat.  I called the kitty and she came over to me and demanded that I pet her and purred.  Guess she likes me too.

Well, we ate our yummy smores and it was getting late and I decided that I needed to go home. I had to open the video booth in the morning.  But I had a wonderful time.  I thought to myself, "Is this what real dating is like?" Is this what it is like to find someone you like and get to know them? It was so easy!  At least it was with the man in the glasses. 

Dammit!  That will put a kink into my plans on setting him up with my mother! 

No comments:

Post a Comment