Thursday

Not In MY Pants!

Dear Diary -  10/27

After almost a week of training in that stupid elevated booth, I decided I wanted to go back to where I originally was - renting videos and putting cigarettes away.  Unfortunately, they had already made up the schedule for that and I was not on it.  I had to resort to working as a bagger.  Or as the store called them, courtesy clerks.  I thought was low and degrading, but I actually got some tips helping people take their groceries to their cars. I was in and out of the store walking around.  It actually turned out pretty nice.  But then they put me back on schedule for videos and cigarettes, so I went.

I was closing up again when this man showed up to return a video.  It was the same one I met a week ago.  He asked me how I was and that he had not seen me for a while.  I explained that I was training in the booth and nodded my head in the direction of the elevated booth.  I explained that I didn't like it and came back over to videos.  Much more to my liking since it was in a dark corner of the store.


We talked more and I enjoyed talking to him.  It was refreshing to talk to a man that wasn't just trying to get into your pants.  I feel like we are becoming friends. I see him so often now.  The other day I came into work and my boss told me that my friend was here and at first I had no idea who she was talking about.  I later saw him getting something from the deli. Well, now he was over here renting a video and we were talking. Again.  After a while, I rented his video to him and said goodbye.

Just after he left, another guy came by to rent a video, and flirt.  He was rude and obnoxious and I was not so nice to him.  I handed him his video and thanked him for his business. On his way out he called me a hot babe.  I rolled my eyes.  Why do I always attract jerks?

No comments:

Post a Comment