Thursday

Back Home, New Year, Hope it's Good

Dear Diary 1/3

I'm back home now and my mother just left to go back to her home.  It was a long trip and I'm exhausted.  I'm not on schedule to work until next week, so I can catch up with my sleep.  Unfortunately that also means that I haven't gotten and will not get a paycheck for a long time.  How am I going to pay my rent now?  I've been renting this room for a year now, I hope my landlord lady will let me make smaller payments.

When I got home, I noticed that my landlord had put all my mail in a pile under my door.  Junk junk junk card. I love getting cards in the mail. It was post marked from Tennessee.  I don't know anyone from Tennessee, but I opened it. It was from my friend! The man with the glasses! How sweet!

He said he wanted to help me out since it was apparent that my job didn't pay much and a check fell out of the card.  Wow! I could not believe how much money it was!  Okay, yeah, I know most people wouldn't consider $200 much, but I sure did!

He also invited me to call him so that we could go skiing.  I wanted to go, I really did, but a fleeting thought ran through my mind. Is he trying to buy my friendship??  I did not think he would do that, but just in case, I would not cash the check until I talked with him. He said in his card that he wasn't going to be back for a few more days.  Maybe I'll take this time to look for better jobs.

Ew, a bill...oh wait, that one is for my roommate.  Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment