Thursday

Wouldn't You Like a 'Vette too?

Dear Diary - 12/6

I was so excited about my (not so) new car that when I got to work, I had to tell everyone about it.  I got congrats all around, but no one knew a mechanic.  Bummer.  How would I ever get it started?  I had no money to send it to the shop my roommate suggested.  Well, at least I had a car for which I could probably at least sell it for more than $50 or part it out.

Later this evening, the man with the tortoise shell glasses came in.  I was happy to see him and told him about my (not so) new car.  He congratulated me too and asked what it was.  I told him a Vette.  He looked at me like..."How on earth did you score a 68 Corvette for $50???"  Ha!!

I told him it was not a Corvette and it didn't run.  Then, for some strange reason, I asked if he knew anything about cars.  He said he did and would be happy to look at for me.  WOOT!  He said he could come over the next day (I had the day off) and apparently he worked evenings and nights.  If he could get my car started I would be very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment