Thursday

Just a Little Chat

Dear Diary - 10/19

I met a man today.  Well actually that is pretty funny because I meet people every day where I work.
I met a woman too, and a gaggle of teenagers.  It was a really busy day for me and it was getting late.  The store I worked at would be closing in about two more hours and I would go home. YAY!

All I had left to do was put all the cartons of cigarettes away and then wait for the store to close so I could close out my till. I slid a carton of Marlboro's in its spot when I heard a noise behind me.  A man stood there with a video tape in his hand to return it.

You see, I work at the little rent a video section of the grocery store, it was also, obviously, where people have to come when they want to buy cigarettes.

I turned around and smiled, as I usually do, because that is just what I do. He was tall, kind of on the big side, but not fat.  His hair was receding and he  wore these hideous tortoise shell colored glasses.  It was kind of hard to see his eyes behind the big chunky glasses, but he had these pretty eyes.  They were kind and loyal and...well, I have a thing for eyes and when I saw his, there was something about him.  I just couldn't put my finger on it.

I took his video and talked with him for a few minutes while he looked for another video and I straightened up and finished putting away the cigarettes.  The conversation was light, but entertaining and I smiled, cheerfully as always.

I could see my boss traipsing back and forth far behind my customer giving me dirty looks every few seconds.  I think he was just jealous because quite frankly, I did not like to talk to him.  He was an ass.  My customer and I continued to chat as I rented his video and closed up the video area.  We said good bye and left.  I still had to close out my till.

I was right, my ass of a boss lectured me on doing my job.  I told him I was doing my job and satisfying the customer at the same time.  I could not help it if he could not multitask like me.  So I went home and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment