Thursday

It's a Boy.

Dear Diary-  4/4

I hate being sick every morning. I think I caught some kind of respiratory bug too because I just cannot breath and I keep coughing up nasty phlegm.  I am so tired that it takes me over an hour just to realize that a new day has started, and then another to roll over and get up.  If I get up, that's it, I'm puking, and I really don't want that either. 

But I do it.  I push on.  I have to.

People at work still don't believe that I'm pregnant, even though I run to the bathroom and empty my stomach's contents first thing when I get there.  If there was anything to empty.  Constantly, I'm coughing into my sleeve or tissue while at the register.  And no one...NO ONE...suggests that I stay home or go to the doctor.  I know I must look like death warmed over, but I don't think they care.  They really don't.  As soon as I can, I'm getting a new job. 

Today I was talking to the other girl that was pregnant during our slow time.  We talked over our registers and joked around about stuff. It wasn't important, it was just small talk. Well, this lady walked to my register while we were talking and kind of jumped into our conversation. It was fun. But then she mentioned that she was psychic.  The other girl rolled her eyes, but then when the weird lady told her she was having a girl, she didn't look so skeptical anymore.

She turned back around and asked if I knew I was pregnant.  Of coarse I know, I said.  She smiled, put her hand on my stomach that still wasn't showing, and said, "It's a boy."  At that point, Krusty walked by and told us to stop screwing around and I said, :"Did you hear that? She said I'm pregnant with a boy. Now do you believe me?" 

Krusty gave me a dirty look and pointed to my register as if I had hundreds of people lined up to check out.  I turned around, there was no one.

No comments:

Post a Comment