Tuesday

Oh Tthe Irony...

Dear Diary - 6/9

Life has been unsuspectingly pleasant these past few days I have moved into this little condo.  It's a peaceful area that has really helped with my battles with my demons.  I still do not know what I am going to do and my friend keeps telling me to take as much time as I need.  There is no pressure to move out or anything, he says.  You don't know how grateful I am to have this opportunity. 

I went to my old job, in my new maternity outfit since I was showing now, and asked for my last paycheck. Everyone's jaws dropped when I walked in.  "See, I told you I was pregnant!"  Was all I could say...and I didn't even say it, I just gave everyone a dirty look.  One of the managers came over to inform me that because I didn't show up, I was fired.  I simply told her, no, didn't you get my letter of resignation? I stated that because of my health and pregnancy, I quit, and if she was going to argue about that, well, she really couldn't, it was now obvious by my belly, that I was pregnant. 

One of the guys I used to work with, he was always really nice.  Very quiet kind of guy and considerate, asked me for my phone number so he could call me and take me out sometime.  I politely told him I was moving and that probably wasn't going to happen.  I told him he was a nice guy and he would find someone. 

Here I am, messed up myself, telling someone else that things would work out.  How ironic.  ha.

When I got back from my little adventure, my friend, the man in the glasses, suggested that we go shopping for some maternity clothes. Since I only had the one outfit, and it was quickly getting too small, I smiled and agreed.  I suggested a thrift store since I didn't have much money.  Tomorrow we will shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment